Saturday, July 24, 2010

Is it right to lighten skin?

I have acne, and I want to use palmers line to get rid of some of the scars and even out my skin tone.


But I wonder if its right, I hear so many warnings about how unsafe and wrong it is to lighten skin. I will not use hydroquinone, but maybe kojic and licorice and AHA's?


Do you know anyone who has used skin lighteners?





http://www.etbrowne.com/products/Collect...

Is it right to lighten skin?
I've never had a single problem with hydroquinone, and I use it daily to fade marks left by scarring from an allergic reaction I had. As a matter of fact, I've never had any problem with any skin lightening agent, and I've used them for years because of these marks. Shouldn't cause a problem. Hydroquinone simply oxidizes melanin---it breaks down a pigment, that's all. If you get it on clothing repeatedly, it breaks down the dye a bit and leaves light spots.





Some people do have bad reactions to it, but that's why you do a skin test first. Just put a dab of the cream you've chosen on your arm and wait 24 hours to see if any swelling or itching occurs. If not, go ahead.


No comments:

Post a Comment