Monday, November 21, 2011

What is causing a change in skin pigmentation around the eyes?

I have always had dark circles and puffiness under the eyes, but in the last few months patches of lightend skin has developed under and above the eyes in the same places on each side, above the eye, on the inner corner, under the brow, and below the eye also towards the inner corner. The lightened skin is on the same place under and above both eyes. I hope this not too confusing. If anybody has this or knows what might be causing this please let me know, Thankyou.

What is causing a change in skin pigmentation around the eyes?
I'm not a dermatologist... that's really who you should consult... but I can tell you that there is a condition called vitiligo that can cause light patches of skin on people of all colors (not just black people.) Other things that can cause skin pigmentation changes are lupus (REQUIRES medical attention - type Lupus in your search bar and all kinds of info will come up) and melasma (non-lethal, I have it, no big deal) but I think both of those usually create dark splotches on the face rather than light spots. Age %26amp; medications could have something to do with it too... if you can't afford to see a doctor, I would ask a pharmacist - they might recognize it right off and direct you to something over the counter. Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment